1. What sort of garden do you have?
2. Which best describes your garden?
Beautifully maintained and stocked with rare and exotic plants
Prize winnning lawn, swimming pool and large greenhouse
Patio, lawn, some borders and a rough bit the bottom
Overgrown and littered with junk and old car parts
3. How secure is your property?
Not at all, it's open plan with all our neighbours
Not very there are some gaps in the fences
Fairly good at the back but open at the front
Very, high fences at the back with fences and gates at the front
4. How long will your puppy be left alone?
Hardly ever, someone is usually at home all day
Only the 4 hours I work each morning
Most of the day but I work locally and will come home each lunchtime to let her out
All day while I'm at work but she will have lots of toys and our neighbour says he will let her out during the day
5. What does it cost to keep a dog for a year?
6. How much exercise do you think breeds like these need?
None if I have a garden
Down to the school gates and back twice a day
A good walk every evening (if its not raining and there is nothing good on TV)
At least an hour every day with lots of free running and a brisk game of ball
7. What sort of house do you have?
Spotlessly clean and very tidy ( I can't stand dirt or mess)
My husband's a builder (half finised work and mess everywhere)
Messy, toys all over the floor, magazines lying about etc.
Pretty normal not too fussy but reasonably safe and organised
8. How much grooming do you think your dog will need?
Just a bath once a year and an occasional brush
About an hour each month
at least an hour each week
9. How much time will you need to spend training your puppy?
None - these breeds are so intelligent they don't need training
Only housetraining until they are 6 months then some formal training
Lots and lots of time, especially when they are very young
It is best to employ a trainer or send my puppy away to be trained properly
10. why do you want a border collie or a golden retriever?
To guard the house
It is really the children who want one
Our friends have one and it is so sweet
For company and to share walks, games and cuddles